Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Perfect Locks Contest Winner… | Miss Jia: She ain’t for everybody…



Recently, I won 8 ounces of Indian Remy wavy hair from Perfect Locks via Miss Jia's website! 


Perfect Locks Contest Winner… | Miss Jia: She ain’t for everybody…


Well if you click on that... you're gonna get this:   


NOT FOUND 
Sorry but  you are looking for something that isn't here. 


OMG! The post was deleted just hours after I had won a Perfect Locks contest for an Indian hair giveaway because Miss Jia and one of hher weblog fans and twitter follower presented her an email that questioned the validity and authenticity of my entry story!   I found out by reading all the painful and derogatory comments and tweets directed towards me  which I later found out were based on a false accusation about an assumed "FOTKI" account that had the same pictures of me posted using a different username. Can you say...DRAMA! I'm not wired for that. All I could do was cry as I scrambled to send additional pictures and email after email trying to confirm the validity of my entry.  I couldn't even celebrate! I got maybe three congrats before I got snatched down off my cloud just as fast as I floated up there! Yes, for a moment, I let 'em steal my joy! (Keep in mind, this contest entry was the very first time I had ever spoken out in a public forum with regard to my TTM condition!) 


It was a bittersweet win for me and I'm still a little salty about it. Thankfully though,  Gautama Swamy  of Perfect Locks handled the whole incident with such compassion and empathy, it seemed to give me back my dignity!










Contest: Win 18″ Wavy Indian Hair from Perfect Locks

So I entered my story!....

              
AND WON!!!!!


 My Entry Story

Thank you MissJia for this contest! My name is Felicia Wills (Twitter name is @mrsfwillsFiFi) I have been following Perfect Locks on Twitter and Facebook for some time now just waiting for the opportunity ($) to try their brand. I have a condition called Trichotillomania (TTM) that I acquired around the age of 10. In junior & high school I wore a different color bandanna everyday to cover my head. It wasn't funny then but it got snatched off a lot as you can imagine! I started wearing Indian hair weaves, sewn in using a net to cover bald spots in 1997 when my boss at the salon I worked in sold it to me. It was the best hair I had ever used but it had lice. They were dead, but still! Well it's been a real adventure ride trying to find anything comparable in quality as far as no tangles or matting. I need quality and durability. Hair that can last up to one year so I can keep my natural hair covered and not pull at it. I have read the reviews and watched the videos from satisfied customers over the past few months since I learned of them and I am hopeful that once I try for myself, I will be a customer for years to come. As a new blogger and beauty professional (http://naturalnailenhancements.blogspot.com/,)  and (http://howdoyoudoyourdo.blogspot.com/) I will highly recommend any good product I believe in. Though shameful, attached are pictures of what TTM looks like;
http://cid-0fc6a48f5ce2ac4f.photos.live.com/browse.aspx/TTM
I really can be a pretty girl. Just need a little Indian Hair and some M.A.C to help me out so I can look more like my husband's girlfriend and the wife again! Thanks again and Good luck to all who enter!

Felicia Wills

National Trichotillomania Awareness week is October 1-7, 2010. 
http://www.trich.org/involved/ntaw.html







Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

1 comment:

  1. Hey all .
    We specialize in 100% natural Virgin Indian and Brazilian Hair at the best pricing on the market. Our hair is not chemically processed in any way, so there is no damage to the cuticle. We supply hair that doesn't tangle or shed so you can be confident in yourself when wearing our product. Our mission is to bring the finest quality hair extensions that cater to your individual style at the most affordable prices. Hair Diva International strives to bring affordable hair to all of our customers. If you have any specific product requests please email us.

    Indian Remy Hair
    Brazilian Remy Hair
    Virgin Indian Remy Hair

    ReplyDelete